Aerial Yoga Teacher Training
with Kelly Kuder, 500 E-RYT , 200 E-RYT
July 28th-30th, 2017
This training is a unique and fun way to expand your experience as a yoga teacher and the perfect way to earn your CEU’s! Receive a 55 Page Manual complete with pictures and detailed information.
No previous yoga teacher training required! Just a strong interest in fitness & teaching aerial yoga!
What is Aerial Yoga? Aerial yoga is one of the newest blends of yoga and aerial circus arts, utilizing a silk hammock as a prop to aid the student in surrender during traditional postures that are difficult to achieve due to minimal flexibility or strength, physical injuries and often times, emotional fear. Aerial Yoga is an amazing practice and fun way to change up your traditional experience with yoga on the mat, as well as a teaching yoga. Practicing Yoga in the hammock allows you to discover and unleash your hidden challenges and strengths. It balances and encourages deeper and unique stretching through a traditional Aerial Yoga Flow class.
Curriculum, Practice and Teaching. Basic Beginner and Advanced Level One Poses and Flow. Learn how to teach an Aerial Yoga Flow Class
All sections of a traditional yoga class and will be taught in this training as well as:
• Safety Information and tips
• Benefits of practicing in the hammock
• How to assist your students in the hammock
• Centering the student prior to practice
• Breath Work
• Basic Standing Supported Postures in the Fabric
• Basic Seated Supported Postures in the Fabric
• Various wraps used in an Aerial Yoga Class
• Suspended Inversions such as back bends, hand stands, down dog, hip openers, savasana, and seated postures.
• How to balance classes of multiple levels
• Safety elements of the rigging
• Complete 60 minute class created and ready to use
• 5 required hours – karma/apprentice hours
•Hanging and caring for your silk and equipment
What are the benefits of Aerial Yoga Flow?
1. Physical Healing: Natural alignment and decompression of the spine and joints.
2. Emotional Healing: Opening the heart, hips, and core so that the student can go beyond their fear to inversion, creating a space for svdhyaya, self-study.
3. Spiritual Healing: Creating a new perspective, moving energy up to the crown chakra, broadening students understanding of who “I am” through the practice of isvarpranadhana, surrendering all to the universe.
What will you take away?
1. Background study on aerial arts and basic aerial yoga practices.
2. How to create a safe environment for the student and address fear in the student
4. Sequencing the practice to open and close the student’s hearts and Meditations that address fear and inhibitions
5. Assisting the student
6. Hanging and caring for your equipment
Dates & Times
Early Bird! $639 *Before June 30
After June 30: $699